Waste collections start from 7am
To help crews get your waste collected, please:
* Sort and roughly segregate materials in boxes without using carrier bags.
* Rinse all containers and squash all but glass and aerosols.
* Cut up all large card and flatten all cardboard boxes.
Quick reminder on plastic …
Plastic bottles are the only plastics taken at the kerbside; household and food plastic pots, tubs and trays are taken at all 16 recycling sites: https://www.somersetwaste.gov.uk/slider/all-recycling-sites-take-plastic-food-pots-tubs-and-trays/
Tetra Paks, other beverage cartons and single-use plastic-lined coffee cups are taken at 12 recycling sites: https://www.somersetwaste.gov.uk/dozen-recycling-sites-take-single-use-coffee-cups/
More on how to recycle as much as possible …
For more on what we do and do not take at the kerbside for recycling: https://www.somersetwaste.gov.uk/recycling-collections/ For what is taken at recycling sites, their locations and when they are open: https://www.somersetwaste.gov.uk/recycling/centres/
Love Food - Hate Waste - this is full of excellent ideas on how to waste less food - things they used to teach us at school!
Local Recycling Sites
Before you visit - if you need to check whether something can be recycled at Yeovil or are intending to visit another recycling site click here
Yeovil Recycling Centre
- Address: Artillery Road, Lufton Trading Estate, Yeovil, BA22 8RP
- Telephone: 01935 411151
- Opening Hours: 8am – 4pm 7 days a week
- This centre is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day