Recycling of Plastic - Questions and Answers
Waste collections start from 7am
To help crews get your waste collected, please:
- Sort and roughly segregate materials in boxes without using carrier bags.
- Rinse all containers and squash all but glass and aerosols.
- Cut up all large card and flatten all cardboard boxes.
Quick reminder on plastic …
Plastic bottles are the only plastics taken at the kerbside; household and food plastic pots, tubs and trays are taken at all 16 recycling sites
Tetra Paks, other beverage cartons and single-use plastic-lined coffee cups are taken at 12 recycling sites.
More on how to recycle as much as possible …
Visit the Somerset Waste Website for what is taken at recycling sites, their locations and when they are open. You can also find out more about what we do and do not take at the kerbside for recycling.
Love Food - Hate Waste - this is full of excellent ideas on how to waste less food - things they used to teach us at school!
Local Recycling Sites
Before you visit - if you need to check whether something can be recycled at Yeovil or are intending to visit another recycling site check our sites list.
Yeovil Recycling Centre
- Address: Artillery Road, Lufton Trading Estate, Yeovil, BA22 8RP
- Telephone: 01935 411151
- Opening Hours: 8am – 4pm 7 days a week
- This centre is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day